Click the link below in order to read our Terms & Conditions for Guests in full.
A short summary of our Terms & Conditions
NB: please read the T&Cs in full before booking a PIE as you will declare to have read and understood them and are subject to them after booking.
When you book a PIE on our website, you submit a request for a booking with your desired start date and pay the travel fee. We will receive your request, check with our local partner and if everything is in order, all requirements are met by you and the PIE is available for your desired start date, we will send you a booking confirmation.
When the booking is confirmed, you will receive an email with all the ingredients (information) you need to prepare for the PIE so you can enjoy the prospect of a great experience.
In case the PIE requires you get some training beforehand and this is provided for by us, you will receive all the information you need to level up prior to the experience.
Our local partners do their utmost to provide you with exactly what you have booked. Some slight changes to the PIE may occur however due to situational variation (such as weather influences). You are free to request changes to the PIE as well and we will try to accomodate you as best we can within the limits and criteria of our mission to make the world a better place. Please note that any requests for changes may lead to a change fee to be paid by you.
We sincerely hope that you will get to enjoy your PIE, but in the event that you need to cancel it, a cancellation fee applies depending on the specifics of your booking. Cancellation is free until 60 calendar days prior to the start date of your PIE. When you cancel your PIE, we will refund you for your paid travel fee minus the administrative fee and a fee for making the cancellation with our local partner. A cancellation anywhere from 60 days prior to the start date to the startdate of the PIE will result in a % deduction of the refund of your travel fee.
When you book a PIE for more than 1 person, the person who made the booking will be our contact for the entire party and all members that join in. All communications from us and our local partner will be directed at your party’s contact person.
Our local partners will guide you on your experiences all the way as good hosts. Their working hours are, in principle, from 8:00/8am to 20:00/8pm hours daily.
In case you run into any difficulties or are less satisfied with the services our local partner provides to you, please convey this to them at the earliest convenience. Only if we know there is an issue, can we try to resolve it.
Since the core of our mission is to make the world a better place together with you, your input and behaviour while on the PIE is at the core of what we aim to do. This means that we have established a Code of Conduct that applies to you as much as it applies to our local partners. By booking a PIE, you declare that you have read and understood our Code of Conduct and agree to adhere to it for the duration of the experience.
As we are also building a community of like-minded travelers, we ask both you and our local partner to rate each other after the PIE.
Most of the times, everything will be great and you will enjoy your PIE to the fullest. That said, we do advise you to take care while enjoying your PIE and to have all proper valid insurances in order for any damages, injuries or losses that may arise prior to, during or after the PIE. In case something happens, we will do our utmost to assist you in resolving the issue within the limits as set forth in our T&Cs.
Should you be dissatisfied with any part of the services of our local partner, please inform them directly so they may address your complaint as soon as possible. If no solution can be found between you and our partner, you can lodge a written complaint to email@example.com. We will evaluate your complaint and inform you on our findings and any actions we may have taken in regards to your complaint. We strive to resolve any complaints within 15 business days.
EU Directive concerning packaged travel
Unless clearly stated otherwise for a specific PIE, our PIEs are subject to the EU package travel directive (2015/2302/EU). The combination of travel services offered to you is a package within the meaning of Directive (EU) 2015/2302. Therefore, you will benefit from all EU rights applying to packages. Positive Impact Tourism B.V. will be fully responsible for the proper performance of the package as a whole. Additionally, as required by law, Positive Impact Tourism B.V. has protection in place to refund your payments and, where transport is included in the package, to ensure your repatriation in the event that it becomes insolvent. More information on key rights under
Directive (EU) 2015/2302/EU
Key rights under Directive (EU) 2015/2302
– Travellers will receive all essential information about the package before concluding the package travel contract.
– There is always at least one trader who is liable for the proper performance of all the travel services included in the contract.
– Travellers are given an emergency telephone number or details of a contact point where they can get in touch with the organiser or the travel agent.
– Travellers may transfer the package to another person, on reasonable notice and possibly subject to additional costs.
– The price of the package may only be increased if specific costs rise (for instance, fuel prices) and if expressly provided for in the contract, and in any event not later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase exceeds 8 % of the price of the package, the traveller may terminate the contract. If the organiser reserves the right to a price increase, the traveller has a right to a price reduction if there is a decrease in the relevant costs.
– Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee and get a full refund of any payments if any of the essential elements of the package, other than the price, are changed significantly. If before the start of the package the trader responsible for the package cancels the package, travellers are entitled to a refund and compensation where appropriate.
– Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee before the start of the package in the event of exceptional circumstances, for instance if there are serious security problems at the destination which are likely to affect the package.
– Additionally, travellers may at any time before the start of the package terminate the contract in return for an appropriate and justifiable termination fee.
-If, after the start of the package, significant elements of the package cannot be provided as agreed, suitable alternative arrangements will have to be offered to the traveller at no extra cost. Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee, where services are not performed in accordance with the contract and this substantially affects the performance of the package and the organiser fails to remedy the problem.
– Travellers are also entitled to a price reduction and/or compensation for damages where the travel services are not performed or are improperly performed.
– The organiser has to provide assistance if the traveller is in difficulty.
– If the organiser or, in some Member States, the retailer becomes insolvent, payments will be refunded. If the organiser or, where applicable, the retailer becomes insolvent after the start of the package and if transport is included in the package, repatriation of the travellers is secured. See VZR Guarantee for PIT’s insolvency protection.